tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Handling multiplier aliases?

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Handling multiplier aliases?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 07:23:01 -0500

* On 2018 12 Jun 00:29 -0500, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Hi Nate, hi Ervin,
>
> sorry to jump in late in the discussion. Our local field day kept me
> busy the last days.

Hope you had fun.

> For me there are two distinct points in that discussion:
>
> a) How to present the multis and their alias (e.g. by the GKey format
> as proposed)
> b) How to present and score it internally.
>
> Wrt b) I had some time to think about and there are some first ideas.
>
> Regarding the format I am 100% for the GKeyFile format - at least in
> the long run. At the moment we would introduce a new concept to
> TLF's users. So I am not sure if something like the following could do
> also:
>
> # plain multis
> AL
> AK
> AZ
> .
> .
> .
> WV
> WY
> # aliased multi with aliases
> KS:ALL,AND,ATC,...
> # additional entries
> KS:WAB,WAL,WAS, ...
>
> The format is also easy to write (and to parse).
>
> Any comments?

It occurred to me later that GKeyFile expects entries to be key=value
pairs.  My list would seem to be breaking that as it would, at best,
merely be a list of keys.  I *think* that would be workable, but maybe
not.

I like your method of defining the alias mult and its aliases.  In fact,
for those parties that require it, multiple mults and aliases could be
easily defined.  for the 7 Land QSO Party it could be:

etc.

That is actually quite clever.

73, Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us  GPG key: D55A8819  GitHub: N0NB