tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Improved keyboard handling

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Improved keyboard handling
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 08:55:28 -0600

* On 2016 04 Jan 12:58 -0600, Thomas Beierlein wrote:

> If I remember correctly by doing so I was able to map nearly all used
> key combinations in tlf to the new ncurses keys. The only ones which
> did not work where the Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDn keys which are not
> handled by ncurses for the xfce terminal.

It seems that Xfce catches these keys even when they're sent to a
terminal window with no tabs.  However, Gnome Terminal and Xterm give
them the following codes:

Ordinal: 519            Name: kDC5
Ordinal: 523            Name: kDN3
Ordinal: 525            Name: kDN5
Ordinal: 528            Name: kEND3
Ordinal: 530            Name: kEND5
Ordinal: 533            Name: kHOM3
Ordinal: 535            Name: kHOM5
Ordinal: 543            Name: kLFT3
Ordinal: 545            Name: kLFT5
Ordinal: 548            Name: kNXT3
Ordinal: 550            Name: kNXT5
Ordinal: 553            Name: kPRV3
Ordinal: 555            Name: kPRV5
Ordinal: 558            Name: kRIT3
Ordinal: 560            Name: kRIT5
Ordinal: 564            Name: kUP3
Ordinal: 566            Name: kUP5

These keys aren't known to Ncurses but are defined by the Xterm terminfo
database entry from what I found.  Still keyname() generated the names
for those keys.  As I recall the keys with the suffix of '3' are Ctl-key
combinations and the ones with the suffix of '5' are Alt-key
combinations.

In order the keys are:

Down Arrow
End
Left Arrow
Page Down
Page Up
Right Arrow
Up Arrow

I'll add these to my names.txt file (probably should rename it to
keynames.txt) as a future reference.

73, Nate