tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Improved keyboard handling

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Improved keyboard handling
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 19:56:23 +0100

Hi Nate, hi Ervin,

having some common key handling is a great goal - but not so even to
reach.

Thanks for the work Nate. I did some similar stuff some time ago, but
got distracted by some more urgent problems in tlf. I will try to find
the old branch and push it to github for reference.

I had a similar handling for the ESCDELAY and an activated keypad. Main
difference - I did only handle the alt-keys by adding the +128.

If I remember correctly by doing so I was able to map nearly all used
key combinations in tlf to the new ncurses keys. The only ones which
did not work where the Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDn keys which are not
handled by ncurses for the xfce terminal.

I had hoped that with ncurses doing the key decoding that we could drop
the different handling for different terminal emulations. But that
seems to be not so.

Let me add two more terminal settings which we should check - that is
plain linux console and screen and/or tmux.

Maybe it is time to sort it out and get a solid solution. Nate it would
be nice if you could lead that work. Ervin and me we are willing to test
and give hints and support. would that be ok for you?

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea