tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 12:49:03 +0100

Hi Ed,

thanks for the clarification,

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 09:02:39PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> I want to clear up any confusion I've made. First of all we are
> talking S&P, and not RUN.
>
> First item is if you are going to do S&P, you need to press (+) to
> change from LOG to S&P.

this was the first reason why I confused: usually I don't switch
to S&P mode, I just used Tlf in RUN mode, and configured it to be
confortable - but I have never called CQ on contest. Now I've
gone to CQ in RUN mode, but sometimes I switched to S&P. And my
previous configuration collosed with the logic.

> The following depends on the contest and the exchange. I'm going to
> use the CQWW as an example.
>
> Type in the RUN station's call, the cursor will move to the exchange
> input field. <enter> will send your call. If you are not heard you
> will need to use F2, as the input field is populated with the RUN
> stations zone from the cty.dat file. When you are heard and the RUN
> station sends his info <enter> will send your info and log the qso,
> using the S&P TU message. You need to have a proper exchange string
> in the S&P TU message and no where else. If the RUN station needs a
> fill (_) will resend your info. If you need to log the QSO without
> CW output use the backslash (\).

thanks, now I found all of those in man page of Tlf. :|

> Now I'm going to use a contest that uses a serial number as the
> exchange ( 9A contest). Type in the RUN station's call. The cursor
> will move to the input field. Until the RUN station hears you, you
> can use <enter> to send your call. Once you are heard, enter the
> info in the input field, <enter> will send your info, and log the
> QSO, as long as you have the exchange string defined in the S&P TU
> message. Again the (_) will resend your exchange.
>
> Your macro's are only needed in the rules file. If you are going to
> work a contest that has no pre-defined rules file, use the template
> and carefully edit what you need. The same for the logcfg.dat there
> is also a template. The man pages as well as the old tlf web site
> are an excellent reference on how to do all of this. The wiki needs
> a lot of work to get up to date.

that's clear,

> What really is needed is more scoring options, but Tom is already up
> to his (you know what) with other important items, especially family
> time. A more flexible logcfg.dat would be ideal. If I knew how to do
> it I would try my hand at hacking the code. But, alas, the only code
> I know is CW.

great, thanks for all.

I think it would be very good to start a Tlf-howto page, with
many examples, and important things what user must to know. I
don't know it just enough to attach to source, or search a free
provider, where we can place a wiki - I don't know really the
Github wiki page logic, may be that would be also a good choice.

> Take care and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

thanks, I wish you well too.

Ervin
HA2OS

--