tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Re: Cwdaemon - not very good solution

From: Martin Kratoska
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Re: Cwdaemon - not very good solution
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 21:00:47 +0200

Please obtain the TR Log manual, read it carefully and (hopefullt) we can
made TLF with associated progs compatible with this proven software.

The manual is at:
http://www.qth.com/tr/manual.html

IMHO I should know this manual quite well, just made its Czech translation.
Let me know if you need some explanation, however the best way is to
download the demo version (whoich is fully featured except support of many
contests) and perform some thorough tests. Let's hope to include SO2R
capabilities, you will see that pin 14 is used for radio A/B changeover. It
is very straightforward that the original interface has NOTHING TO DO with
phooney operations. The SBDVP processor (a software add-on enabling use of
usual sound card as Digital Voice Processor) is very well made also in that
way that it can't affect the CW and/or SO2R capabilities of TR Log.
Therefore it tries to evaluate a pin which is usually free, without any
output of CW, PTT, radio changeover AND BCD coded band info (which is also
vitally important for SO2R and very important also for single radio
operations).

I am still of the opinion to avoid too much tries to invent a wheel.
Therefore I suggest a fully TR/CT/NA/YPLOG/WriteLog compatible interface
without any "dummy shoots" like pin 14 used for MIC/Sound Card switching.I
am using a small interface built into DB-25 shell (of my own production, I
hope at least the same quality as famous W1WEF interfaces). For SO2R, a
separate SO2R unit is a mandatory, a good example is the DX Doubler by
Top-Ten Devices
http://www.qth.com/topten/DXD.HTM

(only complaint is that the foot switch here is not connected to pin 15 but
directly into circuit which disables the many - selectable - functions of
the foot switch)

Lada OK1ZIA initially developed his own VHF contesting software where
criteria are quite different from the top grade HF software we plan to
develop. I am in touch with him.

73 Martin, OK1RR
address@hidden
http://www.qsl.net/ok1rr
The difference between theory and practice in theory
is less than the difference between theory and practice in practice.