therion-users

[Therion] Re: Feedback on 0.3.8 - queries

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: [Therion] Re: Feedback on 0.3.8 - queries
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:14:16 +0200

Wookey wrote:
1) For final results I want to produce both an overall map and maps of
individual caves. I haven't yet understood how I can do this. So far as I
can tell I need multiple thconfig files to do this, because 'export map -proj plan -layout <layout> -o <file.pdf>' seems to include
everything of the relevant projection. How do I add more export map line
which just contian a specific map? Can I specify a particular map in a layout?

I am sorry, but it is not possible. Map selection is something specific
to configuration file, not layout. So you need to have multiple
configuration files for such cases.

But thconfig files can be included one into another, so you can specify
your layout in one file and have multiple files for different
selections, that include one layout.

2) Whilst working on the system, working with subsections as you describe
above. This would presumably take the form of adding some selects
temporarily, then removing them for final map production - right?

I thought having thconfig file e.g. for each cave - where only sources
of that cave will be processed. Still everything will be selected, but
not everything will be loaded.

Joins between caves are specified in upper level (directory) source
files. At least, we do it like this (each standalone part has about
3-5km) and it seems to work.

S.