therion-users

[Therion] Feedback on 0.3.8 - queries

From: Wookey
Subject: [Therion] Feedback on 0.3.8 - queries
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:47:07 +0100

OK, and here are some queries I have:

You can see the survey these problems refer to here:
http://wookware.org/mulu/

terikanaltitudecolour.pdf is the latest, but scrap-coloured
(terikanmapcolour.pdf) and grey-shaded (terikan.pdf) versions exist too.

I'll put the corresponding therion and survex dataset files there too.

1) Is there a dripline symbol for the entrance extent? Do I use 'overhang'?
I tried using overhang and nothing appears (because it is outside the clipped
area?) Should I use overhang and add a -outline out option?

2) How can I represent a surface cliff line between a series of caves?

I have a lot of cave entrances with a defined cliffline between them. the
survey makes a lot more sense if this surface feature can be seen. How can I
draw a line on to represent this?

3)What to do when entrance line draws scrap end across to the wrong point
(e.g. deception entrance?) In the bottom LH corner of the survey above is
'Deception Cave'. If you look at '1st entrance' you will see the problem I
mean. Therion has decided to ignore the last bit of wall and just draw a
line across the gap between the nearest points. How do I make a wide, flared
entrance like this have the 'correct' entrance area? This may be related to
question 1.

4) How is length in legend calculated when data is imported from .3d file?
The survey above consists of a lot of scraps round real data and a lot round
'fake' data made from surveys which are nothing but drawings scaled with the
scale bar or a few nearby or fake survey stations. The survex .3d file used
includes survex data for the whole mountain including another 50km of cave
or so. So where is the number in the legend coming from?

5) How do I get rid of the 'dummy' survey surrounding all my data which
means the title of the whole thing is 'dummy'. I may have been told this
before in which case I apologise for forgetting the answer.

6) When is a label under passage and when over?
As you can see I have some of both in this survey. Is it to do with the
ordering of walls and labels within the scrap? Or maybe there is an 'ontop'
option?

I have a couple of more complex queries, but will put those in their own
thread.

TIA

Wookey