therion-users

[Therion] Wishlist - scrap preview, low-res preview

From: Wookey
Subject: [Therion] Wishlist - scrap preview, low-res preview
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 18:01:47 +0100

The interface needs a better way of previewing scrap names so one can join
up a lot of scraps without having to slowly open each file and click about.
Being able to see a scrap number somehow without selecting the scrap would
also be useful. At the moment if editing a .th2 file to put in joins one
needs to close current scrap and open new one, then click on correct part to
find out which bit is which.

Not sure how best to deal with this problem.
Maybe showing scrap-names in the debug ouput would be sufficient. Or a
separate low-res output with scraps coloured differently and labelled?

The 'without pics' option helps somewhat here, but what I really need is
some kind of low-res scrap overview.

There is a related problem that the 1.5Mb PDF file now takes at least 2 minutes
to render on my 900Mhz laptop. Having some kind of low-res ouput would be
generally useful for checking that joins have worked and caves have appeared
would be very handy - is that at all practical? I'm not sure where all the
time goes.

Wookey