synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] New release 0.51

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.51
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:06:09 +0200

Dear Friends,

I'm happy to announce the new 0.51 release of synaptic today. It's
basicly a maintainance release without a lot of changes. We tried to
address some of the issues reported from the 0.50 users. More will
follow :)

The biggest code changes are that you can now sort the package list by
status, that the package properties window is not modal and
that CTRL-s is bound to a quick-search in the packagelist (for the
power-users). We also updated the translations and fixed some bugs.

Here are all the NEWS:
 - enabled sorting on status (order: new, upgrable, installed, not
   installed)
 - interactive search bound on CTRL-s
 - package details window is now non-modal
 - updated Japanese translation (thanks to  Daisuke SUZUKI)
 - updated Hebrew translation (thanks to Lior Kaplan)
 - updated Hungarian translation (thanks to Gábor Kelemen)
 - updated Catalan translation (thanks to Jordi Mallach)
 - updated Czech translation (thanks  Kapica Ales)
 - updated German translation (thanks to Sebastian Heinlein)

You can get it at:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/synaptic/synaptic-0.51.tar.gz

As usual feedback is welcome :)

bye,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ