synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.51

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.51
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:47:59 +0200

Am Mi, den 23.06.2004 um 20:55 Uhr +0200 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Op woensdag 23 juni 2004 18:06, schreef Michael Vogt:
> > The biggest code changes are that you can now sort the package list by
> > status, that the package properties window is not modal
>
> What do you mean 'package properties window is not modal'?  I expected that I
> did not need to select 'properties' button to obtain information like
> dependencies, etc.
> However, I still need to select the properties button to obtain extensive
> information. Is this as designed?

Yes. The idea is to remove seldom used functions or "extensive
information" from the main window to allow the user a fast recognition
of the basic functions and principles of the app. Putting a lot of
technical stuff into the main window results in a lot of confused users.
This was my experience.

Could you please describe the situations in which you miss the tabs. It
would help a lot in optimising the tasks. How often do you need
information provided in the properties dialog only?

Regards,

Sebastian

--
For private emails please write to