matlab & simulink

From: Kathy and Ray La Belle
Subject: matlab & simulink
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:08:04 -0800

We are trying to convince our company to develop models of complex
systems. We suggested learning swarm. The "powers that be" have come
back and said "how about using matlab"?  Does anyone know if matlab can
do the kinds of things swarm can do?

Since I don't know how to use matlab I really can't say what its
capabilities are. Ray's view is even if matlab can be used to do agent
based modeling, there most likely aren't libraries available. We don't
know very much about complex systems or how to model them. In the past,
these pursuits were written off as "too complicated".

I said I would ask around and see if I can find out what systems are
available to do this type of modeling. We want to model chemical
interactions. Any opinions or information would be appreciated.

                                    Thanks,

                                    Kathy La Belle

   with "help" in the body of the message.