Txt2pho - or let's Python!

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: Txt2pho - or let's Python!
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 12:31:17 +0100

Hi Bohdan,

Nice approach :-).
Thx for your work.
Please continue writing such interesting output modules.
I like the idea building modules outside speechd.
I write this mail running sd_txt2pho with speechd and sbl.

Well some Questions about the txt2pho module:
It's not clear to my how sd_txt2pho selects the voices.
After copieing the conf file to ~/.sd_txt2pho I've modiefied the
voicepath.
After starting the module it selected de2 but de2 isn't listed in the
~/.sd_txt2pho config file.
However I've have de6 and de7 in my voicepath.

Audio works fine but I don't know if it's libao or pulse :-(.

Differences between sd_txt2pho and eg. sd_espeak:
Mbrola says blank when typing on the tty.
Other modules don't. Now I replaced blank by '' in germanizer.py to
avoid this :-).

The germanizer.py needs some improovements but I.ll provided an updated
version if you are interested :-).

Thx again. The txt2pho->mbrola synthesizer produces in my opinion nice
german output! So sd_txt2pho is really nice to have.

Regards
Halim