Current Roadmap

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Current Roadmap
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:41:38 +0200

Dne 11.8.2010 20:10, Andrei Kholodnyi napsal(a):
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Tomas Cerha <cerha at brailcom.org> wrote:

>>> case is to be stable and for bug fixes and so on. I that true?
>>
>> Yes, the answer is to wait, since it wouldn't make sense to create a
>> separate cleanup
>> branch now.  Once we start cleaning up (formatting, code organization etc),
>> it will be
>> very difficult to merge any changes from other branches.  Thus it should be
>> done on the
>> master branch at a certain time known in advance.  It would be great to
>> agree on what
>> should be changed before that, so that we can shorten this period to a
>> minimum.
>>
>> Does that make sense?
>>
>> Regards, Tomas
>
> I'd agree with Rui, since you are doing 0.7.1 release, it shall be
> actually done on 0.7 branch,
> allowing people submit patches to master for upcoming releases.

Yes, 0.7 and 0.8 may be developed simultaneously (0.8 in master, 0.7 in
speech-dispatcher-0-7), but you asked about cleanup patches.  I believe these
should
better wait after 0.7.1 release to allow merging 0.7.1 changes to master.  This
merging
would need to be done manually if we start cleaning up now, so I think it makes
sense to
wait, even though I am also looking forward to see this cleanup to happen.

Hope this makes sense now.

Best regards, Tomas