Current Roadmap

From: William Hubbs
Subject: Current Roadmap
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:20:21 -0500

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 07:54:05PM +0200, Tomas Cerha wrote:
> Yes, the answer is to wait, since it wouldn't make sense to create a separate
> cleanup
> branch now.  Once we start cleaning up (formatting, code organization etc),
> it will be
> very difficult to merge any changes from other branches.  Thus it should be
> done on the
> master branch at a certain time known in advance.  It would be great to agree
> on what
> should be changed before that, so that we can shorten this period to a
> minimum.
> Does that make sense?

I'm not sure.  Since we have a speech-dispatcher-0-7 branch in the
repository now, doesn't it make sense to allow master to go ahead and
move forward?  What we would have to do is back-port changes from master
to the 0-7 branch if we decide they are important enough to be in that
version as well, but isn't that why there are branches?

Thanks,

William