Code review and commits to the official repository

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Code review and commits to the official repository
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:08:37 +0200

Hello all,

in the spirit of the Cooperation guidelines
     ( http://www.freebsoft.org/cooperation ),
it would be good to establish proper code review
from now on. Here is a proposal.

A piece of code (a patch on the mailing list, a branch
from a private Git repository etc.) cannot be submitted
to the repository by the original developer himself,
but must be first submitted for review. The reviewer
will push it to the official Git repository. This is the same
for Brailcom and other developers.

We propose the code reviewers can be (it they like to):

     Christopher Brannon
     Luke Yelavich
     Hynek Hanke
     Tomas Cerha

If anyone has a proposal for another person, please let
us know. Of course we will welcome if the list is extended
in the future.

These persons will have commit access to the official
Git repository, but should not generally use it to commit
their own code.

The reviewers will then be responsible for the code they
commit.

There is also the question how to coordinate. I think it
would be best if we take pieces of code submitted through
this mailing list one by one as we find time to review them
and always just say: ,,I'm looking into that...'', to prevent
two persons working on the same.

We did internal review for 0.7.0, but I'd also highly welcome
if somebody could check my patches so far for the 0.7.1
release, which already are in master, to make sure I didn't
overlook something while implementing the new improvements.

Best regards,
Hynek Hanke