[Opentts-dev] Speech-dispatcher, OpenTTS, and the outcome of my discussi

From: Chris Brannon
Subject: [Opentts-dev] Speech-dispatcher, OpenTTS, and the outcome of my discussion with Brailcom staff.
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 04:53:02 -0500

Tomas Cerha wrote:
> While registering, you will just indicate whether you agree with the
> contributors agreement.  We considered whether it is not too much
> bureaucracy, but we believe it is not and it is important enough.

Hi Tomas,
In comparison, GNU supposedly requires legal papers from people who
contribute to their projects.  Filling out an on-line form is hardly onerous.

> We tried to address it in the rules.  They explicitly say that external
> devs may become patch reviewers and that the maintainer may be
> substituted when, for any reason, not able to do the necessary work.

This eliminates the primary reason for the fork.
I won't be contributing to it, and I look forward to working with
everyone on Speech Dispatcher.

-- Chris