Output module switching problem with Orca

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: Output module switching problem with Orca
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:05:20 +0200

Hello Halim,

After examining the log, I believe I know where the problem is.  I guess
you have the option LanguageDefaultModule "de" "ibmtts" in your
speechd.conf.  This option results in forcing the ibmtts module for any
German voice, so the previous setting of the output module is ignored.
Could you please confirm that?

If that's the case, you can solve your problem with Orca by removing
that option, but we will have to think about some better solution, since
this option might be needed for other applications, such as speechd-el
or speakup.  It, however, doesn't make much sense with Orca, since Orca
has a different (lower level) approach.  Any comments are welcome.

Best regards, Tomas.