problem with speechd orca backend after last patch

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: problem with speechd orca backend after last patch
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:26:02 +0200

Halim Sahin wrote:
> Now I can select the different synths but the ibmtts is always
> talking.
> I have espeak ibmtts and another generic german synth based on mbrola
> stuff.
> Switching these does not work here.

Hmm, that is quite strange.  So you select the synth in Orca preferences
window and press the "Apply" button, but you still hear ibmtts?

Does output module switching with spd-say work for you?  For example:

spd-say -o espeak "hello"

What if you restart Speech Dispatcher?

It would be great if you could turn on logging in speechd.conf and send
us your log.  Also protocol log might be helpful (see CustomLogFile in
speechd.conf).

Best regards, Tomas