Punctuation Level Structure

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Punctuation Level Structure
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:35:07 +0100

Steve Holmes p??e v Ne 25. 02. 2007 v 18:12 -0700:
> I'm about to test the punctuation level enhancements for espeak-generic.
> I'm really not sure which punct characters I ot to add to the definition
> in the provided espeak-generic.conf file.  I can stick some in there for
> now to test tonight and check something in.

Great! Just put something for testing, we will fix it. This has already
been discussed for Festival, so we can do as we do for Festival. I just
don't know now what punctuation exactly it is. I will ask tomorrow.
Different users will configure it to their wish anyway, but we should
provide a reasonable default.

>  So far, the only modules changed by me should be generic.c and
> espeak-generic.conf
> and I will be adding some stuff to ChangeLog in the src/modules directory.  I
> haven't
> had a chance to add anything to the docs yet; be glad to do that next
> week some time if that helps.

Can you please at least add explanatory comments into the
espeak-generic.conf file (as for the other options)? Any further
improvements into documentation later are of course great.

Please, if the code works and your version of espeak-generic.conf works,
check it in as soon as possible. Documentation is an important but
separate thing.

> I'm a bit unclear about CVS here.  When I check in my changes in the
> next day or so and then do some work on another file such as
> documentation later on, should I check out the whole thing again at that
> time to avoid stomping on other changes?

Yes and no. The correct thing to do is to update your CVS tree. This is
the name of the CVS command too (cvs update). Update will update your
tree with all the changes done by other people working on the project
and won't destroy your own changes you have not commited yet. In case
there will be any conflict, you will be notified and you will be able to
resolve the conflict manually by editing the file.

The only real trouble is if two persons work on the same thing in an
incompatible way (they implement different solutions :( Then someones
effort is wasted. But this can be easily prevented by communication on
the mailing list and coordination of efforts.

Thank you & have a nice day,
Hynek