sdx-users

RE : [sdx-users] re:RE:Problems Installing SDX

From: Martin Sevigny
Subject: RE : [sdx-users] re:RE:Problems Installing SDX
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 11:55:22 +0100

Hello agin,

> If your JVM's default encoding for files is not UTF-8... you
> would get
> into trouble I'm afraid...

Once agin, not at all. JVM's default encoding is not used by the XML
parser. The XML recommendation says that without en encoding declaration
in the XML document, either UTF-8 or UTF-16 must be assumed by the XML
parser.

> Note : there is an opportunity to change de default encoding
> for files : java -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 ...

It won't have any effet for XML files read by an XML parser (which is
alsways the case in SDX).

The problem here is that the SDX framework (a Cocoon/Avalon component)
can't be found or loaded. This is a serious misconfiguration problem,
everythin else in SDX is based on this component!

So what's going on here is pretty unclear to me, and I would guess
something like a classloading problem.

Martin Sévigny