Re: simply preserving sessions across disconnect

From: Juergen Weigert
Subject: Re: simply preserving sessions across disconnect
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 19:07:46 +0200

On Jun 29, 11 15:23:58 -0700, Adam Kellas wrote:
> When I try -D -RR the situation flips (as expected). The first new ssh
> connections after VPN reconnect attach to existing sessions (good).
> But once all dropped sessions are reconnected, further ssh connections
> simply fight over the old ones rather than creating new ones (bad).
>
> In summary, all I want is a configuration that says "If there's an
> unattached session, use it. Otherwise start a new one". This seems
> really basic and I'm literally having trouble believing that it's not
> available.

I also believe this to be basic, that is why I implemented -D -RR
It was designed to exactly cover the use case you describe.
Grab a session if there is one, otherwise create one.

Sorry to hear that some of your ssh connections start a fight.
Although I am not exactly sure what that means.
Is there something that I missed?

        cheers,
                JW-

--