Re: simply preserving sessions across disconnect

From: Ramon J. Gonzalez
Subject: Re: simply preserving sessions across disconnect
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:50:02 -0400

I would first name your session something informative like "development" or "testing" you can do that sending a commands to screen with C - a : sessionname DEV
Then when you reconnect it would be screen -r DEV

You could also just add a line to your .screenrc file.  There is also another solution.  You said that the scren -x -r is reconnecting you to the same session so I am assuming that you are establishing connections to the same host.  Why dont you just have all your terminals in one screen session?  Then you would only need to login once and you could move around and do everything from the keyboard in one putty session.