Re: Threaded comments & indenting, w3m browser, $TERM=screen.linux

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Re: Threaded comments & indenting, w3m browser, $TERM=screen.linux
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 20:05:42 -0500

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 07:21:49PM EST, John Magolske wrote:

> The package that takes care of this on my Debian Sid system is
> w3m-img:
>
>   w3m-img ... inline image extension support utilities for w3m ...
>   provides some utilities to support inline images for w3m on terminal
>   emulator in X Window System environments and Linux framebuffer.
>   Homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/w3m
>
> Perhaps you need something like this?

... apt-get install w3m-img...

I bounced w3m and sure enough ‘w3m www.google.com’ greeted me with the
Google logo in all its (questionable) glory.. :-)

I proceeded to exit, start screen on the linux console, restart w3m...
and the logo was gone.

So it looks like running screen on top of a graphics-capable console
makes it behave like a ‘regular’ terminal. At least that's what I'm
seeing.

And yes, in the linux console, without screen, I get all the indentation
(and the north pointing triangles), but the screen layer makes me lose
the indentation.

Sorry I didn't catch on earlier, but this is a new system and I'm not
really familiar with it yet.

cj

P.S. Btw, compliments on your screen setup.. nice font and very legible
hardstatus & caption lines.. lots of useful stuff in there.