ESC key slowness

From: judd
Subject: ESC key slowness
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:39:53 -0400

Hi Folks,

Around here, we run the Korn shell.  The Korn shell requires ESC-ESC to do
command line completion - a very popular feature.

However, when screen is running ESC-ESC replies with the completed command
after bit of a delay - approximately 2 seconds.  When I log into the same
server the same way, but do not launch screen, there is no perceptible
delay between entering ESC-ESC and getting the same command completion.
Several users have seen this and are complaining.

Is there anything I can adjust in the screen config to speed things up?

Thanks,
Judd