Re: ESC key slowness

From: Geraint Edwards
Subject: Re: ESC key slowness
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:28:26 +0100

judd <address@hidden> said
                (on Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 04:39:53PM -0400):
> when screen is running ESC-ESC replies with the completed command
> after bit of a delay - approximately 2 seconds.

I've experienced something similar, but sporadically.

For me, I am typically in zsh, editing the command line (in
vi-mode) and type (e.g.) "Esc A" to append to the line, but an
"A" appears at current cursor position, unless I pause for ~1sec
between the two keystrokes (to let the Esc sink in).

It seems to go away after a while.  I cannot reproduce it at
will.  It's odd.

--
Geraint A. Edwards (aka "Gedge")
address@hidden