screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Regarding bug #34200: Log misses first character

From: hiren panchasara
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Regarding bug #34200: Log misses first character
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:42:13 -0700

 Sorry for going back and forth on this issue.

My asumption is this:
 - screen decides to use package mode, and later behaves as
  if package mode is enabled, but the pty device remained in normal mode,
  hence the missing characters.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STREAMS, ioctl() call with the I_PUSH command is needed to get into packet mode.

in pty.c: InitPTY(), none of the ioctl() is reached for me. So, it never gets into packet mode.

How does screen get into packet mode then? (I do not see any ioctl() with I_PUSH for screen)

What is the expected/correct behavior here?

thanks,
Hiren