screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Regarding bug #34200: Log misses first character

From: hiren panchasara
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Regarding bug #34200: Log misses first character
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 23:44:12 -0700

My asumption is this:
 - screen decides to use package mode, and later behaves as
  if package mode is enabled, but the pty device remained in normal mode,
  hence the missing characters.

I believe you are correct. I am starting screen session inside a shell on Linux. AFAIK, shell cannot be in packet mode. So problem is that screen _somehow_ gets into packet mode.

Can you or someone help me with finding out how screen (when initialized) gets into believing that it has to get into packet mode?

 Packet mode is something which is set on screen initialization/setup?

Thanks,
Hiren