screen-devel

[screen-devel] Patch for displaying inet address in hardstatus

From: Berry Octave
Subject: [screen-devel] Patch for displaying inet address in hardstatus
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:27:13 +0200

Hi everybody,

after having been using screen a lot on different servers, I though that
beeing able to display any source address reported by ifconfig could be a
nice feature.

I've made that patch, which is supposed to work for linux os (it uses ioctl to
get the addresses from actives interfaces).

Basicly, it adds a file to the build, which offers a AddInetInfo function,
called in screen.c using the I attribute for hardstatus line.
It prints on it something like "lo:127.0.0.1 eth0:10.0.2.2 wlan0:192.168.5.22"
(supposing that eth0 and wlan0 are active).

Thanks for comments, review and if possible a merge.

Berry Octave