[task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations

From: julien lepiller
Subject: [task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:48:48 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #18, task #15757 (project administration):

[comment #17 comment #17:]
> [comment #15 comment #15:]
> >
> > Again, this is a constant in GNU projects that use the Translation
Project.

> I don't think this is correct.

For instance, https://translationproject.org/PO-files/fr/dfarc-3.14.fr.po is
from a project that doesn't require copyright assignment to the FSF, yet it is
copyright the FSF only (and for only 2008 and 2009, then nothing even though
there are more recent changes).

In https://translationproject.org/PO-files/es/dfarc-3.14.es.po, the copyright
is associated with the first author, the others are simply listed.

Since we never required copyright to be assigned to the FSF, I think it stays
with the individual authors. Is that correct? In that case, would adding
"Copyright" before each author be a good solution?

Or maybe better, since weblate is using the same template as the TP (using the
same copyright as the pot file, then listing individual authors):

Copyright (c) YEAR the authors of guix (msgids) and the authors of this file
(listed below).

> > Alright, I fixed .gitignore and manifest.scm, but I copied
CODE-OF-CONDUCT
> > from the main Guix repo, where it does not have any license header
either.

> If a file has no copyright and license notices, it's technically not just
proprietary, it's unredistributable, making any copying a copyright
violation.

Sure. The file originally comes from https://www.contributor-covenant.org.
I've added a license notice.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15757>