[task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: [task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 00:05:18 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #14, task #15757 (project administration):

Julien,

[ my apologies for the slow reply ]

Thanks; I've reviewed the files in the repository.  A few comments:

- For the po and pot files, would it not be more helpful and clearer
  to mention the license which "the guix manual package", "the guix
  package", or "GNU guix package" is distributed under?

  Also, for the pot files, I think it would make sense to mention,
  perhaps on a separate line, the copyright year(s) at the top of each
  file.

- Is it accurate that the copyright holders even for the translated
  strings in the po files are "the authors of Guix" or "the authors of
  the Guix Website"?  I think the translators would be the copyright
  holders for the translations, no?  If so, would you please make that
  change across those files?  I think it would also be useful for each
  file to list the name of all translators/copyright holders for
  clarity.

- The following files are missing a license header/notice in them:

  - .gitignore
  - CODE-OF-CONDUCT
  - manifest.scm

                                 * * *

Ineiev, I created a new 'Extras for official GNU software' category
per our earlier discussion, on the savannah.gnu.org base domain.
However I'm not entirely certain about the correct settings for all
of the required configuration parameters for it.  Would you please
have a look and finish its configuration, so that when the above
points are addressed I'd approve the project and select the new
category upon approval?

Thanks.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15757>

  Message sent via Savannah