[task #15838] Submission of Freely Programmable Computer

From: Ineiev
Subject: [task #15838] Submission of Freely Programmable Computer
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 14:22:46 -0500 (EST)

I'm afraid I have to repeat a part of my previous comment.

The README file should be in the same directory with the files in question,
and the covered files should be listed explicitly, else it's too easy to get
the things wrong when adding new files or copying them to another package; for
example, hardware/fpc-iii.3dmodels/ has no README.

Also, the KiCAD files still lack valid copyright notices.

Then, the README is only a fallback for the formats that have no place for
notices; this doesn't seem the case at least for the schematics and the layout
files.

[comment #4 comment #4:]
> I don't think fpc-iii.pro is copyrightable, since it's not a creative work
(a bunch of the contents would be identical for any 4-layer PCB; most of the
rest is merely a record of which layers I happened to have visible the last
time I modified the layout; overall it seems less copyrightable than the
.gitignore files).

This isn't a good example: .gitignore files may be quite copyrightable.

One more point: have you really considered GPL compatibility with the KiCAD
license? For instance, may I add a new GPLed sheet of schematic copyrighted by
a third party to your package and then re-distribute it?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15838>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/