[Savannah-register-public] [task #7729] Submission of FreeMediaTools

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7729] Submission of FreeMediaTools
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:13:27 +0000

Do you think you can clarify the copyright holder of files
attributed to "The Jahshaka Project"?

I have done some research on the copyright holders,and will need to look into
this more.

"Most likely the copyright is just plain wrong. "

In my opinion as well, the copyright is wrong.

That means the sourcecode was never released propery under the GPL.

Sourceforge however requires that the projects release under the GPL.
That means that I will have to register a complaint, first to the project
admins and then to sourceforge to clean up the copyright or remove the project
from distribution.

The project however is being distributed as free software...
I think that public pressure will be good enough to get the copyright issue
resolved, and I think author will be happy to
fix this issue when he becomes aware of it.
There seems to be a company that owns all the rights, I will need to check up
on that some more.

<<Do you think you can bring the project to a working state without
using files that you removed (will the "script to download the
needed unattributed material" will be needed to only run
FreeMediaTools)? >>

I have now gotten a autoproject version linking!!!, it does not run for long
(need to fix up some more plugins)

here is the tarball!!
http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/FreeMediaTools-0.1.tgz

I will be able to get this thing into a working state. yes.

The pixmaps that are linked in directly, I have included back in
for compiling.

If I need to cut out all media and references, I will still get this thing
clean.

Btw, with what implementation of OpenGL are you testing?

I am running debian, opengl? let me see.
/usr/include/GL/freeglut.h
mesa, etc. all the free software.

I will produce a detailed dependancy list asap.

more to come.