[Savannah-register-public] [task #7729] Submission of FreeMediaTools

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7729] Submission of FreeMediaTools
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 10:16:52 +0000

Ok,
Now here is my concise description of the openplugin issue:

1. the openplugin lib is used to load modules dynamically by name.
2. the modules loaded are licensed under a different license from the main
module.
3. the main module cannot run or even do anything usefull without these
plugins.

4. The bit of code in the openplugin libs is only used to allow other apps to
load the modules without having any dependencies. it serves no other purpose.
therefore the purpose is to avoid copyleft.

5. I do not support this behaviour, and do not want to contribute to it. It
is my right and freedom to not support it. In fact, I would like to remove it
from the code, because it also makes it harder to develop and maintain the
code.

5.  there is a clause in the lgpl that will allow for me to change the
license of the code from lgpl to gpl.

6. The relicensing and the relinking of the code from dynamic to static will
make a new application that is easier to debug and maintain, and one that will
be harder for other applications to reuse.

that is a summary of my case.
please decide on it.