[Savannah-register-public] [task #7729] Submission of FreeMediaTools

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7729] Submission of FreeMediaTools
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:31:15 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #10:

Hi,

> 5. there is a clause in the lgpl that will allow for me to
> change the license of the code from lgpl to gpl.

No problem with that.

> my replacement [license notice] will look like this :

Perfect.

> I am concerned with the fact that the copyright of these files
> is not clear. How can "jahshaka" or the "jahshaka project" be
> copyright holders?

They *could* have created an association or any other kind of
moral person to assign their copyright to. Most likely the
copyright is just plain wrong.

> 1. remove all media files and shaders scripts. I will provide
> scripts to download the needed unattributed media files if need
> from other sources.

> there is some code with no copyright assignment on it.
> there is code with no author or other infomation.
> there are numerous media files in there. bitmaps and other
>  things with no copyright attribution.

> 3. look for the cvs source of all files if there are
> unattributed ones. things that look as part of the project or
> that were edited in the project will be looked into more. I can
> contact the source forge authors.

Let's recap:

Do you think you can clarify the copyright holder of files
attributed to "The Jahshaka Project"?

Do you think you can bring the project to a working state without
using files that you removed (will the "script to download the
needed unattributed material" will be needed to only run
FreeMediaTools)?

> glew-devel/libglew1_1.3.4-5

Btw, with what implementation of OpenGL are you testing?

Regards.