[Savannah-register-public] [task #7734] Submission of dyncall

From: Tassilo Philipp
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7734] Submission of dyncall
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:28:54 +0000

IANAL, but you aren't one either. In fact, the licence text in use is exactly
the same the OpenBSD project uses for newer code. That would mean that this
detail makes the new OpenBSD source non-free, too.
Sorry, but this is just a bit too ridiculous - I didn't write this library to
have legal problems by releasing it freely and non-closed. Furthermore the
license in use has far less restrictions than the GPL or LGPL...
And yeah, in order to avoid any kind of license problem I did even take 2
minutes to paste the license text into every single file in the release.

I'm not out for blood, and I'm taking this seriously, but hey, I enjoy doing
a free release, and I'm sure that if you find a lawyer that wants to find a
problem in the ISC license, he will find one for sure... (e.g.
http://bsd.slashdot.org/bsd/07/01/15/1757235.shtml)