[Savannah-register-public] [task #7731] Submission of ed van der meulen

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7731] Submission of ed van der meulen
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:26:40 +0000

Indeed, we have few requirements about the content, but a lot of requirements
about legal checks, which are imposed on us mainly by copyright laws.

We accept almost any project that is free software, and that is released by
good and consistent legal practices.

We feel it is important to have solid legal foundations for a project,
otherwise this is a weakness (see the SCO attack on the Linux kernel for
example).