[Savannah-register-public] [task #3657] Submission of North North West n

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3657] Submission of North North West non-polynomial
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:46:06 +0000

Ok, I think there is a language barrier problem :)

To recap:

- your project does not have source code yet. We need code to review it and
catch potential legal issues. So we can approve the project and review it in
one month (or more) when there will be published code.

For example, did you read
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html ?

It documents the preferred way to add copyright notices in the source code
files.

- you have a general SF project, but this project is specific sub-project,
and will use Savannah as a primary development platform (ie, Savannah will
not be used just as a mirror, which we do not permit). In this case, we can
accept your project.

The fact you have a SF account is a problem only if you use Savannah as a
mirror; if you use SF as a mirror, then it is not a problem for us (maybe for
the SF people, but that's not our problem).

Ed van der Meulen, can you confirm the above points?

- the last point we require for Savannah hosting is to keep sure it can run
on a completely free operating system; but do not wish to host "unpure" free
program that require proprieray dependencies. Since you have no source code,
it is difficult to check this. However, can you tell us what tools you plan
to use for the future development?

Last, the approval process is ran by volunteers. So, it is acceptable to wait
for a few days before to get an answer. If we don't reply, that just mean we
didn't have the time to look at your message; we do not ignore posts.

On a side note, I sent you a mail asking precisions for your login problem.
Can you detail us what login problems you get? If there is a login issue at
Savannah, that's important, and we need to fix it.

This item URL is:

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3657>

  Message posté via/par Savannah