Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Files Missing In Backup Resulting in Update Err

From: Mike Fleetwood
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Files Missing In Backup Resulting in Update Error
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 21:25:05 +0100

Hi Marijn,

You may find the attached patch useful.  I used it to debug my issue
and determine why rdiff-backup was reporting "Update temp file ...
does not match" errors backing up to my NFS share.  For me it gave
results like this:

Sun May  4 14:41:54 2014  Processing changed file bin/red
Sun May  4 14:41:54 2014  Hard linking
/mnt/autofs/backup/bin/rdiff-backup.tmp.1 to /mnt/autofs/backup/bin/ed
Sun May  4 14:41:54 2014  Loose compare ('bin', 'red') to ('bin',
'rdiff-backup.tmp.1'): user group mismatch:
user_group.map_rpath(first)=(0, 0) != second.getuidgid()=(99, 99)
Sun May  4 14:41:54 2014  UpdateError bin/red Updated mirror temp file
/mnt/autofs/backup/bin/rdiff-backup.tmp.1 does not match source
Sun May  4 14:41:54 2014  Deleting /mnt/autofs/backup/bin/rdiff-backup.tmp.1

Use rdiff-backup -v 7 or greater.  The extra line is the "Loose
compare ..." one.

Thanks,
Mike