Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Files Missing In Backup Resulting in Update Err

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Files Missing In Backup Resulting in Update Error
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 13:07:39 +0100

Marijn, a similar situation was discussed here quite recently, see http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/rdiff-backup-users/2014-03/msg00012.html. The cause in this case, and probably in yours, is that the source data is changing while the backup is proceeding. I note that in your case some of the source files that are missing in backup have not changed, but maybe their metadata changed? What filesystem are they on?

If you really need to backup the missing files, using a static copy of the source (e.g. a snapshot) should solve the problem. If the missing files are unimportant, Chris Wilson suggested a way to stop these messages appearing.

Dominic