Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Broken rdiff-backup on Fedora 11

From: R. David Murray
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Broken rdiff-backup on Fedora 11
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:53:26 -0500

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 12:01:23 -0800, John Jason Jordan <address@hidden> wrote:
> which I can swap with the DVD drive. On this disk there is a folder
> "Full_system_backup_Jaunty." I created a new folder
> "Full_system_backup_Fedora"
> and then modified the script so it would write to the new folder.
> Other than changing the destination folder I made no other changes
> to the script. However, I also modified my rdiff_excludes.txt file by adding
> "- *.iso" and "- /home/jjj/Azureus Downloads/".

I don't think changing the excludes will have made a difference, but
you could try deleting them just to check.

>From the looks of the traceback you posted, I suspect there's something
wrong with your destination folder.  Although I don't really understand
the code in detail, it appears to me as though rdiff-backup is finding
an empty list of increments, something it apparently isn't prepared
to handle.

I'm assuming you are getting one traceback for each command in your bash
file, if that isn't the case let me know :)

I'd advise deleting your backup target directory and reinitializing it.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com
Business Process Automation - Network/Server Management - Routers/Firewalls