[rdiff-backup-users] Implementing new features

From: Daniel Miller
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Implementing new features
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:58:33 -0500

Hi,

I'm planning on implementing some new features in rdiff-backup. Specifically, I'm going to attempt to implement the features I was asking for a while ago in a thread with the subject "Verify times increasing" (that is, real full-repository verification).

I'd like to know which version of rdiff-backup to implement these new features against. Should I develop them against the stable (1.2.8) or should I develop them against the development version in CVS? (aside: are we really still using CVS??? ever heard of git?)

I'm going to use the features I implement in a production environment, so I need whatever I end up with to be stable. Which brings up the question: How stable is the development branch? Is it stable enough to use in a production environment?

Thanks,
Daniel