Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup error: Mac OS X -> Linux

From: Corey Puffalt
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup error: Mac OS X -> Linux
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:20:43 -0700

Andrew,

Thanks for your interest in this problem.

On 2/27/07, Andrew Ferguson <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
What is the command you are using to run rdiff-backup? I'm a little
unclear as to what you mean.
[...]

The command I'm running (on my iBook) is:

sudo /sw/bin/rdiff-backup --print-statistics --exclude-globbing-filelist /Users/yeroc/bin/backup-excludes.lst   / address@hidden::/mnt/backup/ibookbackups

As you can see I'm running the backup as root but on the remote side (where the backup data is being stored) I'm just a normal user...

Hope this makes things clear.  I will try upgrading to v1.1.9 now that it's in Fink.

Thanks,
Corey