qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] Status of MacOS boot support

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Status of MacOS boot support
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 00:14:36 +0000

On 25/11/12 20:46, Alexander Graf wrote:

> Yes and no. At the point things are now upstream, we are very far from
> hardware emulation problems. It's all firmware.

At the moment, there is quite a bit of low-hanging fruit for booting OS
X, although it's going to take some time to get everything up to speed.
Especially given that while I seem to be reviewing various patches, I
don't have a copy to try booting from so I'm currently reliant on other
people for debugging etc.

> However, even if we get beyond that point, the default machibe emulated by
> QEMU was stopped to be supported by OSX back in 10.3 ;).
>
> But one thing at a time. Getting the firmware working is certainly the more
> important bit. The next step would be to fix -M mac99 to actually behave like
> a real Mac.

Definitely. If people are interested in getting involved, please join
the openbios mailing list and help with testing and patch review.

ATB,

Mark.