qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] Status of MacOS boot support

From: Vincent Habchi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Status of MacOS boot support
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 21:32:42 +0100

Hi!

On 25 nov. 2012, at 21:24, Programmingkid <address@hidden> wrote:

> Currently OpenBIOS can't boot Mac OS X. We have made progress in the last few
> months. It starts to boot, but stops before it gets very far. My report only
> pertains to the PowerPC versions, so I don't know about the x86 versions.

PowerPC is indeed what I am interested in. In my case, I just can’t get beyond
the OpenBIOS prompt: I can’t seem to have BootX loaded and launched. How do you
prepare your bootable image?

Thereafter, I could see if the open sourced version of MacOS gets further than
the commercial kit.

Thanks for your answer!
Vincent

PS: I assume the problem lies in the way hardware is emulated, isn’t it?