qemu-devel

Re: [RFC 1/1] acceptance tests: rename acceptance to system

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [RFC 1/1] acceptance tests: rename acceptance to system
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 15:29:18 +0100

On Fri, 21 May 2021 at 15:19, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <f4bug@amsat.org> wrote:
> If you think these tests belong to tests/tcg/, I am OK to put
> them they, but I don't think adding the Avocado buildsys
> machinery to the already-complex tests/tcg/ Makefiles is going
> to help us...

This does raise the question of what we're actually trying
to distinguish. It seems to me somewhat that what tests/acceptance/
actually contains that makes it interestingly different from other
tests/ stuff is that it's specifically "tests using the Avocado
framework". On that theory we might name it tests/avocado/.

Or we could just leave it as it is -- is the current naming
actually confusing anybody? :-)

thanks
-- PMM