qemu-devel

Re: Migrating to the gitlab issue tracker

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: Migrating to the gitlab issue tracker
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 10:26:17 +0000

John Snow <jsnow@redhat.com> writes:

> On 10/29/20 3:55 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:

It would miss this feature as sometimes I get wind of things I can track
down. On the other hand there is a fair bit of list noise at the end of
a release when stuff gets closed.

Not a problem for me at least - it's just another (2FA) account.

<snip>
>> So could somebody please enable the issue tracker there, so we can give it a
>> try? Phil? Alex? Stefan? ...?
>>
>> If it works well, I can certainly help to get the links etc. in our website
>> fixed.
>>

> Great! You are the primary bug wrangler, so if you are interested in
> trialing it, I am interested in helping!
>
> If we enable the bug tracker, can we please add Thomas and myself as
> 'Reporter' level contributors to QEMU so we can wrangle bugs?

I have enabled the issue tracker and assigned Thomas and you the first
bug.

> Info on permissions: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/permissions.html
>
> There's also an old bug (2 years) about migrating Launchpad to Gitlab,
> but there's been no movement.
>
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/22600
>
> If we like the results of the trial, we'll need a convincing migration
> strategy.

Can we extract data as a CSV from Launchpad?

--
Alex Bennée