qemu-devel

Re: Migrating to the gitlab issue tracker

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: Migrating to the gitlab issue tracker
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 11:39:30 -0400

On 10/30/20 5:16 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 12:01:27PM -0400, John Snow wrote:
In experimenting with my mirror on gitlab though, I was unable to find a way
to configure it to send issue tracker notifications to the email list. A
move to gitlab would likely mean, then:

1. The cessation of (automatic) issue tracker mails to the list

A bot could do this.

Yes, but someone would have to write it, and we'd have to host it somewhere. It might not worth be doing.

2. The loss of the ability to update the issue tracker by replying to said
emails

This is too bad. It's something I liked about Launchpad.

However, if you subscribe to the issue tracker using your gitlab account, you can reply to the emails you get to update the tracker that way!

https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu and click the little bell near un/star and fork; click "custom" and subscribe to issue events.

3. Anyone listed in MAINTAINERS would be expected to have a gitlab account
in order to interact with the issue tracker.

Maintainers should start running pull requests through the GitLab CI
anyway, so this is probably okay.

Sounds like the consensus so far, yes.

Stefan