qemu-devel

Re: Migrating to the gitlab issue tracker

From: Kashyap Chamarthy
Subject: Re: Migrating to the gitlab issue tracker
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 18:36:57 +0100

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 01:12:22PM -0400, John Snow wrote:

Hi,

[...]

> Mostly I was looking for any hard objections over the idea of issues not
> necessarily being sent to the list anymore, if there were any.

Not an objection, but I would miss discovering "interesting" issues by
virtue of bug emails sent to the list.  Several times I've "stumbled
into" bugs on 'qemu-devel' that affect upper layers, or just Damn
Interesting QEMU Bugs™ (especially in the Block Layer) that helped me
gain better understanding, or something is already a "known issue".

That said, the reactions so far seem to be positive for moving to GitLab
Issues.

Maybe there are some acceptable workarounds.  It looks like there's a
way to subscribe to GitLab issues via email[1]; and I can triage that
maildir as part of my regular email workflow.

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/incoming_email.html

[...]

--
/kashyap