RE: [RFC] Adding the A64FX's HPC funtions.

From: address@hidden
Subject: RE: [RFC] Adding the A64FX's HPC funtions.
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:49:13 +0000

Hi, peter.

Thank you for your comment.

> I think it would be worth scoping out how much work the a64fx CPU would
> require (ie what else does it need beyond these extensions and whatever
> features we currently implement?). If that's not a lot of work it might be
> simpler
> to just add it (possibly even add it but with one or two of its features as
> not-yet-implemented.)

I don't think it will take much effort if you just implement the A64FX extended
function register.
As you pointed out, we are investigating the possibility of adding function
processing,
but in that case, we think it will take some time to verify, including the
creation of test tools.

Also, as we proceed with the implementation of the "-cpu max" option as the
first step,
we expect to receive useful comments from the community.
If there are no problems, we would like to implement the -cpu max option in the
first step.
What do you think?

Best regards.