pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Cron backend: a correction

From: Childers, Matthew
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Cron backend: a correction
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:24:19 -0600

> > Ditto! : ) I'm not sure where to start...
> >
> > I've been reading through the code and stuff, to see how things have
> > thus far been implemented, but I'm not sure what I should do next.
LOL

> I don't know if Matthew is currently working on it but we need a
> PyAtCronTask class which will contain all the common
properties/methods
> for each task. Then, we need a sub-class for each task type
> (PyAtCronTaskDownload, PyAtCronTaskCommand, PyAtCronTaskBackup
etc...).
> But, as I said, I think Matthew is working on it.

I am waiting on a definition of the PyAtCronTask class.  If we can
define what variables, methods.. we want in this class, I will start
putting it together.

Currently this is how I see it

        PyAtCronTask Class:
                Variables:
                        Name
                        TaskType - subclass
                        Schedule - subclass
                        Active

                Methods:
                        getName - Returns Task Name
                        setName
                        getActive - Returns True/False
                        setActive
                        getCronStatement - Returns the full cron
                                command using the getCommand from
                                PyAtCronTaskType and getCronSchedule
                                From PyAtCronSchedule.  And comments
                                It out if it is not active.

        PyAtCronTaskType Class:  (Will be inherited by all Task Types)
                Variables:
                        Command

                Methods:
                        getCommand - Returns Command Statement
                        setCommand

        PyAtCronTaskSchedule Class:
                Variables:
                        Minutes
                        Hours
                        Days
                        Months
                        Weekdays

                Methods:
                        getNextRunTime - Returns Next Run Time
                        getCronSchedule - Returns Schedule in form: 0 0
* * 1,3,5
                        setMinutes
                        setHours
                        setDays
                        setMonths
                        setWeekdays
                        getMinutes
                        getHours
                        getDays
                        getMonths
                        getWeekdays

Now, again, I am not an OO programmer, so this may not be what you all
are looking for at all, but if it is not, let me know what needs to be
changed so I can get started setting up these classes.